Saturday, March 31, 2007

eBooks, yeah!! (Week 9, Exercise 22)

I love eBooks. I happen to frequent a couple online publishers who specialize in eBook publishing. I have also given presentations on using San Jose Library's OverDrive Digital library. I love the convenience of getting a book at home without coming to the library, especially when I am working on homework. The annoying thing about digital libraries is the irregularity of access to eBooks. Sometimes you can download and check-out an item and other times you can view it online and other times you can do both. The types of items that fall into these different access situations makes little to no sense. Anyway, I wandered around the Gutenburg Project site and tried to get Shakespeare's Macbeth, but found that I had to be a member of the World eBook Library (which you have to pay for) or join Project Gutenburg (with a donation). I am not certain if I was in the right area or not, but having access to so much is pretty exciting.

No comments: