Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Award Winner (Week 5, Exercise 11)

So I got the picture up, which is excellent. Now moving on to the award list. I was drawn to Library Thing, because I had recently heard about it from one of my co-workers. She told me I could create my own little database of books I own and the program would add cover images (if they have them) and link me to people who read similar items. After working through the site, I can understand her admiration.

I think it is interesting that it is linked to Amazon.com, but I suppose it makes the most sense (where else would they get all those cover images). hehehe. Anyway, I love the idea of getting book recommendations, since I love reading. I set up an account and added the book I am currently reading. I read through a few reviews and found out how many people have the same item. It is quite fun.

No comments: